Welcome to the August version of the Microsoft Advertising product summary. Last month, Microsoft Advertising honored its partners, and now it wants to go over and share some important updates about it products with Google & PPC Ads Experts.
1. Microsoft Advertising’s Performance Max is now in open beta:
Microsoft Advertising has something exciting called Performance Max (PMAX). It’s a new kind of campaign that uses automation to make your ads even better by combining creative ideas and targeting strategies. And the good news is that it’s now available for everyone to try in open beta, no matter where you are in the world!
If you want to give Performance Max (PMAX) a shot, there are a few things you need to do, like making sure you have conversion signals. But don’t worry, you can find more details in the blog mentioned above. And if you need help or have any questions, just reach out to your Microsoft Account Team or Support. Happy advertising!
2. Change of plans to UET web insights rollout
Microsoft has an important update about a previous blog post. The initial plan was to automatically introduce a new feature to advertisers using UET on July 17, 2023. However, Microsoft changed its plans. Instead, Microsoft want to gather more feedback from users. So, Microsoft will first test this feature as a trial in Microsoft Advertising online. Advertisers can choose to participate in this trial from July 25, 2023, onwards. The automatic activation of this feature will happen later, depending on how successful the trial is.
3. UET insights are now accessible
To get started, go to your UET dashboard by clicking on “Tools” and then “UET tag.” After that, select the right tag from the list on the left side. In the top bar, move your mouse over the “UET Insights” setting, and click on the pencil icon. A pop-up will appear (you can see an example image). Switch on the “UET Insights Enabled” option and click on “Save.” If you have multiple tags and want to enable UET Insights for all of them, go to the “All Tags” page, choose the tags you want, and click on “Enable Insights.”
4. Code-free conversions for Smart Campaigns accounts
Microsoft Advertising Smart Campaigns now offer an easy way to track your goals without using any complicated code. Instead of adding a code snippet to your website manually, you can simply choose the relevant buttons and start tracking conversions within minutes.
To use this feature, just tick the Enable Microsoft Clarity box when setting up your goals. Along with conversion tracking, you’ll also get valuable insights from Microsoft Clarity for free. This includes helpful information about how users behave and interact with your landing page after clicking on your ads. You can view session recordings, instant heatmaps, and an analysis dashboard to understand user engagement better.
5. Microsoft Audience Ads expanding to 58 new markets/regions:
Microsoft Advertising is expanding into new markets, which means more opportunities for you. In mid-August, Microsoft Audience Ads will become available in the following regions:
- In the Americas: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Turks and Caicos Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands.
- In the Asia-Pacific region: American Samoa, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, Macau, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Wallis and Futuna.
- In Africa: Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Faroe Islands, Gabon, Gibraltar, Guinea-Bissau, Mayotte, Niger, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Tunisia, Uganda, and Zambia.
That’s all the exciting news for August. Microsoft will be back on September 5 after the Labor Day holiday in the US with more updates.
If you want to share your business journey, our team of PPC Ads Experts is here to support you with effective strategies.